We accepted, and as we have a greater knowledge of the cards - their strengths and just what cards (other than obvious looking bombs) work well together in a sealed deck enviroment, we quickly broke the cards down into colours, and sorted chaff from wheat by colour.
We had strong black and red, and white and green where not far behind. Blue was lacking for us, with none of the better common fliers, but some nice cards none the less. I noticed that Black and White had a synergy with Rebels, and suggested those for myself, while Green and Red had removal, fat and suspend. Blue had a nice few cards, and I suggested to spash blue, especially as we had the deadly ameaba..
So, nice and easily split, as I always gravitate towards black, and Keith Green, so we settled into our respective colours. My creature curve was good, with 1cc through to 5cc, but mostly 3cc and 4cc.
With our decks done, we added mana, and goldfished a few opening hands. We then double checked each others decks to make sure other cards could not be better used within the decks we had, and then we were both ready. Chris and Mike took a full hour to examine and compile their decks, having seen hardly any cards from either of the two sets.
Keith and I had a nice selection of evasion through fliersor things like red fear; removal through red burn, black removal or counters; life gain through vampric link, creatures; a few suspend lads for early play.. I think we had some very nice decks indeed.